Project Make-It is a STEAM based school program focused on hands-on learning.
We want kids to start planning and building right away.
Project Make-It is a project-based STEAM curriculum. Students will begin planning and building right away. Mentors and instructors assist them along the way and teach them, when applicable, the fundamentals of coding, electronics, motors, controls, design engineering, and construction. These are the building blocks of robotics. This project increases the time per day students learn STEAM with self-guided learning and problem solving using everyday accessible resources.
- The building challenge is a mini-golf course completed in about 24 hours (1 day a week, ~2 hours per day for 12 weeks).
- Grades 5+
- Teams are made up of 3-4 students and each team builds a playable hole for the course.
- $100 max budget per hole with no limit on recycled materials.
- Foam golf balls used to limit wear and tear on the course.
- Any STL area program is eligible to participate – all they need are 3 kids (Grades 5 and up) and a bunch of recycled stuff.
- Current Project Make-It Participants:
- New City School
- Mathews-Dickey Boys’ & Girls’ Club
- Herbert Hoover Boys’ & Girls’ Club of StL
Weather Balloon Project
- build & launch high altitude weather balloons completed in about 24 hours (1 day a week, ~2 hours per day for 12 weeks).
- Grades 9-11
- Teams are made up of 3-4 students and each team will launch a balloon
- launched at various altitudes, capturing images and data
- Students stitch the data and images together
- Any STL area program is eligible to participate – all they need are 3 kids.
- Results from the 2022 Mini-Golf Competition - It felt great to be back. Thank you to all the volunteers, families and kids who made this our best celebration yet. All of the projects were amazing and just […]
- Summer Camp 2021 - Summer Camp was so much fun at our Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Louis locations! At the beginning of camp, students took a field trip to The Magic House […]
- New Locations for Summer Camp - We are expanding our Boys and Girls Club of STL (BGCSTL) footprint, and we are now bringing our summer camp program to 3 locations within BGCSTL with the possibility of adding […]