Project Make-It is an STEAM based school program focused on hands-on learning.
- Summer Camp 2021 - Summer Camp was so much fun at our Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Louis locations! At the beginning of camp, students took a field trip to The Magic House […]
We want kids to start planning and building right away.
Project Make-It is a project-based STEAM curriculum. Students will begin planning and building right away. Mentors and instructors assist them along the way and teach them, when applicable, the fundamentals of coding, electronics, motors, controls, design engineering, and construction. These are the building blocks of robotics. This project increases the time per day students learn STEAM with self-guided learning and problem solving using everyday accessible resources.
- The building challenge is a mini-golf course completed in about 24 hours (1 day a week, ~2 hours per day for 12 weeks).
- Teams are made up of 3-4 students and each team builds a playable hole for the course.
- $100 max budget per hole with no limit on recycled materials.
- Foam golf balls used to limit wear and tear on the course.
- Any STL area program is eligible to participate – all they need are 3 kids (Grades 5 and up) and a bunch of recycled stuff.
- Current Project Make-It Participants: